This past weekend I turned 29! I love having a reason to get together with people and celebrate! Since I can't have you all over to my house to celebrate with me, I thought I'd take the chance to introduce myself a little more right here on the blog!
A Few Things About Me:
- I LOVE coffee and all breakfast foods. (Including pop-tarts)
- My husband and I got married about a year and a half ago! (January 25, 2014)
- I originally studied interior design before going back to school for a graphic design degree.
- Cumming, GA is where I grew up...then I moved to Athens, GA for college...and then to Charleston, SC after college graduation.
- My current favorite book is The Insanity of God by Nik Ripken.
- I get excited talking about entrepreneurship and small businesses.
- I could spend a lot of time in West Elm, Banana Republic, Anthropologie, and Hobby Lobby. :)
- When there is free time, I prefer to be outside.
- I love community. I think that strong friendships are a great treasure.
- A perfect evening for me would probably involve an outdoor concert under the stars. (Preferably a Need to Breathe concert).
- My favorite aspect of interior design is fabric selection.
- I think coffee mugs are one of the greatest gifts. They are so functional, and every time you use them, you think of the person who gave it to you!
- One of the many things I've learned in marriage is the need to makes things right when you hurt someone. Forgiveness is huge. I've also learned how freeing marriage is!
- My desire is to serve Jesus.
- Given the choice, I'd rather bake than cook.
- At times, I can be a perfectionist...I have to be careful about it! :)
- One of my favorite things about the fall season is Georgia football.
- It is really hard for me to say no to sugar...especially doughnuts!
- I love getting one-on-one time with people.
- I definitely believe in being silly!
- I love that I get to do graphic design for a living!...let me know if you need anything designed!
Thanks for finding out more about me! I'd love for you to leave a comment so I can get to know more about you! (where are you from? what are you passionate about?)
ALSO, in honor of birthday month...there is a coupon code for 20% off anything in the Etsy Shop!!
Expires 7.31.15. At checkout, use coupon code: BIRTHDAY
Thanks again for following along!
All of the photos in today's blog were taken by Leah's Opus Photography.
Best, Emily Kirby